Inspired by the post from Thought Catalog, I figured I’d take on the Q&A to share more about me! I’ve always been an open book, so maybe I’ll answer these in waves? Because no way in hell, can I give you all the cheat codes! lol, well, here we go!
1. What’s one thing that’s happened to you that has made you a stronger person?
My Mother passing away in June 2009.
2. What’s one thing that’s happened to you in your life that made you feel weak?
Trying to commit suicide throughout High School. It was a weak ass cop out, and I should have known better.
3. Where is one place you feel most like yourself?
Hmm.. this is a tough one, but I think just in my car driving. Jamming out to music, recording snap videos, ya kno’ being ratchet…
4. Where is your favorite place to escape to?
Barnes & Noble (Sorry for bending your books and not buying them, HA!)
5. Who do you think has had the largest influence on the person you are today?
I’d probably have to say mortality has had the largest influence on me and life. I think the year 2016 itself, really opened everyone’s eyes to the truth that is mortality. It humbled the fuck out of everybody. But as a person who has experienced grief and some sort of loss in my life every year since before 2007, it truly shaped my mindset. Nothing is promised to anyone, and certainly not every waking day. It’s something that a lot of people take for granted and that others don’t realize until they are directly affected by it. That’s why every moment of every day should be seized, and living your best life should ALWAYS be your top priority.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
NOT A GOT DAMN THING! I love EVERRRRYTHING about myself.. well, wait.. How about my snappy attitude?
7. If you had one day left to live, what would you do first?
Pray, praise and thank God for allowing me to truly find peace and clarity and the ability to live out my best life.
8. What decade do you feel you most belong in?
Definitely think I’m in the correct decade, for sure. The 70s seemed boring, 80s was the drug time, right? 90s I was already born. 00s I was just getting to it. 10s now I’m bustin’ stupid dope moves.
9. Who are you closest to in your family? Why?
My Aunt Ann. She’s my rock, I’ve always seen her as my compass after my Mother passed on. Although she wasn’t the perfect person all the time, she’s real at all times. She’s retired but she always put her career first. She is always about her business, and she helps me stay on track in the same way. She inspires me to do and be my best so that I can truly be my best self.
10. Who is the one person in this world that knows you best?
Dondre, Chesiree, Micheal, Beamer and Dawn. Each of them hold a different key, and when I die, only they will be able to give you the WHOLE story on who I am.
11. What is your favorite quality about your best friend?
I have a lot of them, but each of them, something different. Honesty, Ratchetness, and their willingness to alllllways be on some BOSS SHIT!
12. When you were younger what did you think you were going to be when you grew up?
*Rolls eyes* Doing something in business.. and well, well, I still KIND OF stayed true to my thoughts.
13. If you could identify with one fictional character (from a book, show, or movie) who would it be?
Hmmm.. Let’s put a pin in this one, because I can’t think of one right now. But I do like to say Meryl Streep’s character in The Devil Wear’s Prada is life goals AF.
14. Do you easily accept compliments? Or do you hate compliments?
I absolutely easily accept compliments and most of the time, I respond ‘yaaaas, bitch I know! I’m so fuckin’ dope, right?’. Better gas and love on yourself, don’t be silly! It’s too many people out here that are unkind in the world, to the point that you shouldn’t have any room to be that way to yourself.
15. Is your favorite attribute about yourself physical or non-physical?
Both. I loooove my tits, and I loooove my spunky attitude.
16. What is your favorite physical attribute about yourself?
Deseeeeee breasts! Like, they are legit my fav.
17. What is your favorite non-physical attribute about yourself?
My Spunky Attitude, Grit and Hustle.
18. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I’m not sure… I’m still kind of exploring that.
19. Do you believe in soul mates?
20. How seriously do you take horoscopes?
I take it mildly. Not super-duper serious and I read them AFTER the days go by to see if anything attributes to the day. But I do semi look into the horoscope compatibility stuff though.
21. Have you ever been in love? How many times?
yup, 4 times. FUCK EM! HAHAHAH!
22. What makes you fall in love with someone?
Honesty. Free spirit. Humor. Stability (Because Lord knows I need it). Drive. Passion. Spirituality. Connection.
23. What does vulnerability mean to you? What has the ability to make you vulnerable?
Vulnerability means a lot to me. It’s a space where you are your true self. Where you are truly open down to your core, and allow someone or something to be down in that space with you. It’s about putting your ego aside, and being human. It’s about cultivating a space that you can truly reveal and enjoy your true self, motivations, and dreams, aspirations etc.
without worry of judgment.. well not without worry, but without care.
24. What’s one thing you’re scared to ask a man, but really want to?
I alllllways want to ask guys I like to be my boyfriend. Like dead serious, but when I say rejection is NOT my thing.. it’s so hard to.. because if you say no, or that you don’t like me too, I’m gonna be pissed and probably punch you in the throat..jk, or am I?
25. If you were a man for a day, what would be the first thing you do?
LOL! this is so childish.. but I would touch my penis.. and reallllly analyze it! HA! Then I would go out with all the girls I hang out with, (I would still get to keep my friends right since I would just be a man for a day) and I would go out to the club with all the bitches and flex!